Registration is now open for the autumn 2017 course, which will run from September 11 to October 20, 2017. Two sections will be offered, so choose the one that fits your interests!
You spent a lot of time researching and writing a thesis, dissertation, or capstone project. How can you convert your academic work into a career asset? How can you plan for the professional and/or social impact you hope to achieve? Join the Create Your Publication Strategy course and move toward your goals!
What are the best publication options for you, and how can you turn your aspirations into reality? If you want to walk the Path to Publishing, but need a plan, this 6-week course is designed for you! We’ll be with you every step of the way, with two live webinars, discussions, and constructive suggestions about how to improve your writing and maximise your chances of publication. You will work through weekly lessons and exercises, and generate a publication strategy. Create Your Publication Strategy is small and interactive, with a lively circle of writers, with a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 20 participants. This course is appropriate for anyone who has completed a thesis, dissertation, or other postgraduate capstone project within the last five years.
Through six lessons you will:
- Assess the publication potential of your thesis or dissertation: Know which parts of your dissertation or thesis to publish, and how to develop them for publication.
- Reflect on scholarly or professional choices in light of career goals: Know how to move closer to those goals.
- Evaluate steps to pursue self-publishing, online publishing, or established publishers: Understand the pros and cons of publishing social media or blog posts, journal articles, chapters and/or books.
- Define a publication strategy: Develop a clearly defined 1 to 2-year publication strategy that aligns with your career goals.
- Connect with a writing community: Be part of an ongoing online support group for course alumni.
Dr. Helen Kara and Dr. Janet Salmons created this course. We have each written and published blog posts, articles, book chapters, books, edited books, self-published books, guides and manuals. Dr. Lynn Wilson is a researcher and writer who works in the environmental policy field. We are experienced instructors, and look forward to working with you!
See the About page on this site to learn more about Janet Salmons. Follow her on Twitter @einterview.